Friday, May 15, 2009

FINALLY Happy!!

So since we have moved to this island it has been a struggle to find a vehicle for my husband and myself to be happy with! First it started out with a $4,000 honda civic, which was a very cute and nice car but with no room and not to "manly" for Trent. So then we went on to making the dumbest decision ever and buying a 2008 Chevy Colorado (only 2wd). Trent liked the manly part but I for one couldn't stand the $400 payments per month! So we got rid of that (and lost ALOT of money on it) and was down to my saturn for a couple weeks. We looked on Craigs list probably 3 times a day, and finally found the truck that was made for my husband! We found a 1986 Ford Ranger that was 4wd and had Trents name written all over it, but the best part was that it was only $400!!!! So we both found something we are happy with and learned a very very valuable lesson!! NEVER impulse buy!!

Its a monster! We are both very excited to go play in the sand and mud with it! But the best part is not having a car payment for a long, long time!!

3 comments:

*Zach & Meg* said...

Awesome Truck guys! Zach is jealous! Love you!

Jesse and Mindi said...

Ya, those lessons really stink when you learn them the hard way. My dad told me one time that he and my mom had an agreement when they first got married that they would never buy anything for over $100 without thinking about it over night. I think it's a really good lesson. I'm horrible at impulse buying and I'm famous for returning, but the big purchases usually can't be returned:) I love the truck and yes, it's so nice to not have a car payment!! I hope you have som efun with that truck. Don't get stuck though:) We love ya!

Anonymous said...

I just barley made one :] haha im not married.. or engaged.. so I havent had one but then I just decided that Im just entertaining enough alone so I would blog my lovely life :] haha! I miss you! Are you coming home for good in august?? We will definatly get together. I know I havent texted you but I dont want to be annoying all the time.. haha Hawaii is like a vacation and so yeah!! But I will text you if you would like!! I hope all is well and you are happy :]